Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Torches In Trees

So 2 Fridays ago I was lucky enough to have Torches In Trees stop by the show and throw down a very nice acoustic set.  Despite some studio limitations all the members of the band we're extermely gracious and cool.  Not to mention they sounded pretty bad ass!  If you haven't heard Torches yet, check the tunes & I'm pretty sure they will become your new favorite LA band.  Buy there Ep's support there shows & slap them five!  These kids know how to throw down and they are My Side Of The City favorites & I can only hope they will be back soon.

Here's 3 tracks from said session, I would hesistate to say my favorite tracks because I really truly dug there whole set.  Besides if you wanna listen and download their complete 6 song set just click here.

Carnivora, original version appears on there new Ep of the same name out April 2nd.


Feeling Of A Figure, original version appears on Carnivora.


Thunderstorms Have Stayed, original version appears on New Blood, New Sight.


FACTS
Torches In Trees, 5 piece from South Pasadena.
Releases, New Blood New Sight, Carnivora (April 2nd)

FUN FACTS
They once played a guerilla show outside the Mountain Bar after being denied entrance to perform because of there age.
They ride around in this awesome van
There drummer Eric lives across the street from me.

There official record release is slated for this coming Friday April 2nd at the Echo.  I'm pretty excited about it & you should be too.  As a matter of fact you should go.

www.myspace.com/torchesintrees

No comments:

Post a Comment